- Review the CMS PQRS How to Get Started webpage for step-by-step instructions.
- Use the measure specifications to identify measures applicable for professional services you routinely provide.
- Select those measures that make sense based upon prevalence and volume in your practice as well as your individual or practice performance analysis and improvement priorities.
- Review the measures that you have selected to become familiar with how to apply and correctly code the measures.
- Refer to the PQRS Implementation Guide, PQRS Claims Reporting Made Simple, and PQRS Claims-Based Coding and Reporting Principles for more detailed information and reporting tips at the PQRS Measures Codes webpage.
- Ensure that your billing software and clearinghouse can correctly submit PQRS quality-data codes (QDCs) on your behalf to the carrier.
- Regularly review the Remittance Advice Notice you receive from the Carrier/Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) to ensure that the denial remark code N620 is listed for each QDC submitted.
For additional questions, please contact the QualityNet Help Desk at 1-866-288-8912 (TTY 1-877-715-6222) or via email to Qnetsupport@hcqis.org. They are available from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday.