Frequently Asked Questions

  ADA/508 friendly site


Are research payments provided to a Military Medical Center that is not a teaching hospital covered recipient required to be reported for Open Payments?

Yes, for research payments, the reporting entity must provide the name of the research institution, individual or entity receiving the payment or other transfer of value as outlined in §403.904(f). If the Military Medical Center receives a research-related payment or other transfer of value, which is ultimately paid in whole or in part to a covered recipient (physician or teaching hospital), it must report information on the payment as indicated at § 403.904(f)(1)(i)(C).

Key words: Open Payments, Sunshine Act

Was this answer helpful?